Thursday, April 26, 2012

Europe Diary- Post #7 by Patrick

In a desperate attempt to forget about the McDonalds McKrokket (basicly a deep fried cheese sandwich with just about the same texture, taste, and digestabillity as molten rubber) that I had for lunch on our third day in the Netherlands, I'm going to talk about all the food we've had since entering Germany. First thing to note is that German food is very, very, good. Our first meal in Germany was dinner at Gastkof Kurz, where I had the Jaggershnizel followed by a delishous dessert of Vanilleeis mit Heisse Himberen, which is four scoops of vanilla ice cream with warm rassberries drizzled over it, and topped with a waffer cookie. It is easilly the best dessert I've ever had. The next morning, we had breakfast at the adjoined bakery/hotel called the Goldinger. There I had a croissant with rassberry jam, a roll with two types of ham, salami, and swiss cheese, a kind of powdered sugar coffee cake, a glass of orange juice, appricotts, and a cup of Darjeling tea.
The lady who owned the hotel also offered to make us eggs or pancakes, but even without them we still felt too full to eat lunch. Along with the food I've also seen alot of interesting cars. While we've been driving on the autobahn, my dad has been going mostly at 130 Kph which sounds fast but really only equals about 80 Mph. I was very excited to see a Daihatsu, which is a car company that mades one of the slowest cars ever. In the video game, Grand Turrismo, the car had difficulty getting to 40 Mph, and anything over 60 was virtually impossible. I also got to see a Ferrari Enzo parked in a parking garage outside the Van Gogh museum, which is one of the fastest sports cars I know of.
We also got to go to the Mercedes-Benz Museum, yesterday. The museum showed hundreds of their cars in chronological order starting with the motor carriage, and the grandfather clock engine it used. They also had a detailed timeline of the history of Mersades-Benz spiralling down the seven story walkway. I kept lagging behind because I kept trying to read every sign. We have been staying in Stuttgart, and it isn't the biggest city in Germany which stuns me. We had to squint at the map of the city we bought at a gas station to see it, and yet it was still wider than the car. It makes me wonder what the largest city in Germany looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment